Friday, April 24, 2009

Afghanistan, many prayers.

My dad is now officially on his way to Afghanistan to try to organize and find contacts to help build an orphanage(s). He will be there until next Friday. Such a long flight for such a short trip, but I'm sure it will be well worth it. For some reason I just found out yesterday that he pretty much will be traveling by himself to do this work. The guy he is going with will be spending all of his time in a hospital there. My dad also received an email from a Stake President in that area of some demonstrations and riots that will be going on next Tuesday, and not to travel in these specific areas. Please pray for my dad. Pray that he will have the guidance to know where he should and shouldn't go. Please pray that he will be safe and withstand anything/anyone he should come in contact with. This is a great work that he is doing...but also a dangerous time to be doing it. We are fasting and praying for my dad on Sunday if anyone would like to join us. Thank you in advance.

Here is the blog he will be updating hopefully daily to let us know how it is going if you want to check it out.
http://layneafghantrip.blogspot.com/

We stopped by the house last night to say bye to my dad.


3 comments:

Ryan and Shannan Hoffman said...

Your dad sounds like a really neat man. I will keep him in my prayers!

. said...

Brent and I will join you in your fasting on sunday. We will be at the Temple tonight and pray for him there as well.

Unknown said...

Your dad is amazing..now I understand why you are so amazing :)
I hope all goes well on his trip...tell him if he happens to come upon an orphan just bring them home and we will take them :)