Thursday, May 14, 2009
Run to Walk
This last Saturday Now I Can Therapy did a walk and 5K to raise money to help disabled families be able to afford therapy for their children. We had a consultation there last year and have been there one other time. It's a lot of money for a session, but I know it will be worth it as soon as we can go there consistently. The owner of Now I Can is Tracey Wilson Christensen. She used to actually be my sister's seminary teacher in high school, and was the favorite there. She has a daughter with cerebral palsy and is the cutest thing ever. I think she is about 6 or 7 years old now. She has right-sided weakness like Tyson. When her daughter was little they would travel to one of the European countries every year to have intensive therapy. They bought the equipment and brought it here...right in Provo. So, Saturday was the walk. Nate's parents' came down to walk with us. Friday night my Dodge broke down at Walmart and Nate and his dad were up until 1 a.m. trying to figure out how to get it to start and towing it back to our house. So, they couldn't be there Saturday because they were getting it fixed. My mom was also there and my brother Janson and Noelle came. So awesome! It was a beautiful day. I wasn't expecting it to be an emotional thing, but as I saw these disabled children walking with their walkers and other little friends helping their disabled friends, it really got to me. I couldn't stop crying...thinking of Tyson being there one day. It was harder than I thought. Thank you family for your support!! I thought I had more pictures than this....sorry.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment