
Last Friday I went into the hospital to be induced. My due date was actually November 6th, but I was ready. I had been scheduled to be induced on November 2nd, but there were a few things that were happening where Friday actually worked out better. I fought this whole pregnancy not to have a baby born too close to Halloween...but the day before Halloween isn't too bad I guess :) They called me in the morning and told us to be there at 9 a.m. Luckily Nate's parents came down the night before to spend the night and the weekend so they could help with the kids...it was wonderful!!! After what seemed like a long day waiting to progress, she was finally born at 4:51 p.m. She was posterior and the doctor didn't know that until I was pushing. He told me to stop pushing while he flipped her around. She was a little bruised on her face when she came out, but everything was perfect. They even had a sign on her crib that said "I'm bruised, not blue" so the new nurses who come on shifts wouldn't think she stopped breathing. I love spending time in the hospital after having a baby. Lots of help, crackers, juice, ice cream and milk whenever you want, watching TV all day...those 2 days just really fly by. I didn't get to spend anytime in the hospital after Tyson was born, so this time I was relishing every minute of it.
After my last delivery experience and everything that happened with Tyson, I was SO nervous about what could go wrong. I kept telling myself "it couldn't happen a second time". I couldn't be more happy and I'm so grateful she is healthy. The kids absolutely love her. I thought Tyson would be a little jealous, but he has attached himself to dad instead of me now. He hasn't acted a bit jealous with her. He loves to rock her when she is in her car seat...although it's a little too hard and fast and we have to stop it quickly before he launches her out of it. :)
Nate has taken off a few days of work and I honestly don't know what I would do if he hadn't. I don't know what I am going to do when he is gone all day. Breastfeeding her in the hospital went great, but since being home it has been a challenge. She has now decided (as of last night) that she is okay with breastfeeding again instead of taking a bottle, which I am SO grateful for. Pumping isn't so fun. When I first started breastfeeding her when I got home from the hospital, Karston had 100 questions. He had to also "help" me feed her by pushing on my breast to help the milk come out. I had to keep myself from laughing...but it was so cute how curious he was. He also asks all the time if it is "magic" when the milk comes out...probably because when he asked me how the baby comes out of my tummy before she was born I told him it was magic. So, now he thinks everything is magic. I have yet to tell him how babies really come out, which he still asks all of the time. :)
A couple of weeks ago we tried to get all of us the H1N1 shot because I have been so paranoid about having a new baby and all the germs flying around, but the line was WAY too long and there was no way we were going to get through. So, after much anxiety about not getting it...I had Nate give all the kids a blessing the night before I went to the hospital...it was a great night spent with the kids. While I was in the hospital (because I am an employee of IHC), I was able to get the H1N1 shot, the flu shot, and the DTaP vaccine. So, at least I can hopefully stay healthy if the rest of my family gets sick so I can take care of them.
After my last delivery experience and everything that happened with Tyson, I was SO nervous about what could go wrong. I kept telling myself "it couldn't happen a second time". I couldn't be more happy and I'm so grateful she is healthy. The kids absolutely love her. I thought Tyson would be a little jealous, but he has attached himself to dad instead of me now. He hasn't acted a bit jealous with her. He loves to rock her when she is in her car seat...although it's a little too hard and fast and we have to stop it quickly before he launches her out of it. :)
Nate has taken off a few days of work and I honestly don't know what I would do if he hadn't. I don't know what I am going to do when he is gone all day. Breastfeeding her in the hospital went great, but since being home it has been a challenge. She has now decided (as of last night) that she is okay with breastfeeding again instead of taking a bottle, which I am SO grateful for. Pumping isn't so fun. When I first started breastfeeding her when I got home from the hospital, Karston had 100 questions. He had to also "help" me feed her by pushing on my breast to help the milk come out. I had to keep myself from laughing...but it was so cute how curious he was. He also asks all the time if it is "magic" when the milk comes out...probably because when he asked me how the baby comes out of my tummy before she was born I told him it was magic. So, now he thinks everything is magic. I have yet to tell him how babies really come out, which he still asks all of the time. :)
A couple of weeks ago we tried to get all of us the H1N1 shot because I have been so paranoid about having a new baby and all the germs flying around, but the line was WAY too long and there was no way we were going to get through. So, after much anxiety about not getting it...I had Nate give all the kids a blessing the night before I went to the hospital...it was a great night spent with the kids. While I was in the hospital (because I am an employee of IHC), I was able to get the H1N1 shot, the flu shot, and the DTaP vaccine. So, at least I can hopefully stay healthy if the rest of my family gets sick so I can take care of them.


12 comments:
wow!! congrats on her, she is absolutely beautiful!! i hope everything is going well and you are feeling good. she is just so adorable!! congrats again!!
Meg :0)
ok, that was from meg, i didn't know i was signed on under celine!! :0)
What a doll!!! She is so cute Brande! I can't wait to see her in person. I am glad everything went well!
I'm so excited to hear that she is healthy. She is adorable. :) Congratulations!
She is just exquisite, so lovely! Congratulations you guys. I can't wait to see more pictures. What a blessing.
Congrats!! I'm so happy for your little family. She is so sweet. Hope you're enjoying her lots and lots. Try and get some sleep!
I'm so happy that everything went perfect. She's so cute. I'm so excited(and jealous) for you to have another little girl. So fun to dress!
congrats! she is absolutely beautiful.
What a beautiful little girl! I am glad everything worked out great!
She's perfect! I'm so happy you had a girl too. I can't wait to see her.
She's beautiful and such a blessing! I'm glad to hear that she is healthy and doing well! It sounds like she's already got the adoration of her siblings :)
Congrats again!
How did I miss seeing this post?? Anyway, it's late, but I am SOOO happy for you!! I'm also so glad that she is healthy and all went well. She is absolutely beautiful and I love her name! That picture of her yawning on the announcement is so precious!! You look awesome too!! How come your face is so skinny? SO NOT FAIR!! Now that we are feeling better, let me know if you need a break! I can help out with the other kids!!
Again, I am just so happy for you!! Congratulations!!
Post a Comment