Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas 2009

Wow...what a busy month it has been. Christmas time is always filled with food, family, service, and of course, the spirit of Christmas. I love Christmas time. I love the songs that are played and sung, especially in church for some reason. I love the excitement the month brings with buying and putting together presents for loved ones with the anticipation of them opening the presents. I'm sad to see this year be gone and over...but excited for a new beginning. A chance to start over and do better. The lessons in church these last few weeks have been amazing and really have made me think about my life and the things I should be and could be doing better. I am sometimes overwhelmed with everything I need to work on...but know that I can't be perfect, just to try harder and do better. I'm excited for a change and to know at the end of 2010 that I actually accomplished some goals. So here is to the year 2009...and some pictures of this past month.

The Juber Christmas Party
We had a great time up in Hyrum for the Juber party. It snowed ALL day and we were worried we would get snowed in and not be able to get home. On the drive up Sardine Canyon, an SUV-type car was passing us a little faster than what we were going and we actually said "what an idiot", because it was snowing so hard and the roads were awful. Two seconds after we said that the guy spun around, slid across the road right in front of us and slid clear to the right and off the road and flipped his car. I was freaking out. Nate stopped the car, along with 5 other cars to help the guy out. Everything happened so fast. The cops ended up getting there probably 3 minutes after it all happened. Luckily the guy was fine.
Santa was wonderful as usual...such a nice cute little guy. :) It's probably one of the most authentic Santa's I have seen. The kids all loved their presents. Thanks Mistie for the darling little tutu you made for Jenna. Thanks Rick and Susan for a great Christmas party.


The Pace Christmas Party
I love the Pace Christmas party every year. My grandma goes to so much work to get it put together and it always turns out great. Even if we didn't do anything, just sat, visited and ate, it would have still been great. So thanks grandma! It was my grandpa's 82nd birthday the day of the party. Happy Birthday grandpa! We ate, visited, put together hygiene kits, played our usual "left/right" present came, that can actually be really annoying when people don't know their "rights and lefts", but it still turns out a lot of fun :) A lot of the family ended up getting their H1N1 shots from my dad as he had extra from Orem City.

Christmas Eve
We ended up going to my parents house Christmas Eve. Kristy and Troy were there as well along with my grandma and grandpa Pace. We ate a yummy dinner, had the kids open their PJs and took pictures, and tried to play Family Fued on the TV...it was a little chaotic. :) We still had a lot of fun. Sage ended up burning all of her fingers on the fireplace, so she got bandaged up. Poor little Sage.


Christmas Day
Brylee got a new bedspread set and Easy Bake oven, Karston got a new bike, Tyson got a cute little dog named "Scout" that you can program with all of his favorite foods, songs, colors etc...and it even says his name. It's so cute and he loves it. Jenna got clothes. I got some boots and a jacket from Nate from Cabella's, which I ended up taking back...sorry hon. He did try though and they were cute, just didn't fit. I got Nate some jeans and a date out for this Saturday without the kids with a promise for more dates in the future. :) We hardly ever go on dates, so that is one of my goals for this year is to make more time for my hubby. I already have 2 date nights a month lined up for the next who knows how long (hopefully awhile) by trading babysitting with a neighbor. I'm so excited!

We had a great Christmas morning. I made "Christmas breakfast" for the first time. Ever since we were little my mom has made orange rolls, baked eggs with cheese on them, bacon, sausage, and homemade eggnog...and I did it for the first time. Yummy. Nate's parents came down and spent Christmas morning with us and had breakfast. Later in the afternoon we went to my parents house and played games and just hung out. The day after Christmas was our family party with my siblings where we exchanged gifts. Thank you everyone for the gifts, we loved them all! It gets real crazy with all the grandkids, but I don't think I would change anything about it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had an eventful Christmas. Your kids are getting so big and Jenna is beautiful! Hallie got the same dog as Tyson and loves it. I'm just a slacker mom and haven't programmed it. Hope you enjoyed the holidays!

Brindy said...

Phew, glad that month is over! :) I don't know how else we would do Christmas at mom's to make it less chaotic, besides building a room off the back of the house we can put the kids in. :)

Stephanie said...

This is random but I think Tyson and Patton have the same glasses :) Are they Crayola? Happy Chirstmas and New Years!

Anonymous said...

Goodness you had a busy month! Chaos is definitely a part of siblings, grandchildren and children. I can agree with you there. Loved all the pictures!