Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Let me strangle myself....
My dad took these pictures of Karston the day after he decided he wanted to hang himself with the blind cord. I was actually upstairs in the shower and he comes up complaining his neck hurt. Holy moly!!! I about freaked out. He put all of the couch cushions on the floor, pulled the blinds all the way up and slipped the blind cord over his neck and decided to jump off the couch. Here are some pictures the day after it happened. Everyday it looked different. First it was just a red mark, then it got really swollen, then it turned purple and then it scabbed over. I'm sure everyone that saw him thought he was being abused. He got MANY lectures through the next week about putting stuff around his neck. Hopefully he learned his lesson. I'm so glad it didn't turn out worse. I talked to his doctor at his 4-year checkup and told him what happened. He told me of a boy last year he saw with the exact same thing that wasn't doing so well and had to LifeFlight him to Primary Children's. So, I'm so glad for the outcome of this one. Hopefully we won't have another incident like this again.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Stinker, stinker.....
My heart sank when I read this. Jamie's (JR's Jamie) sister in law's family member had this happen with their little baby and the out come was awful! I am so glad he is ok!!! How we are all so blessed :)
ok that is freaky!! i have heard too many stories like that, i am glad that his turned out with just a scratch on the neck! how so we survive our children??? how are you feeling???
Meg Gillman
ps. sorry i am signed under celine!
Only boys. I love that little Karston. Probably because him and my Hunter could be partners in crime. So I have a soft spot for mischievous little boys. Ha ha. (I'm sure I've said that before)
I'm so glad he is okay. He must have angels watching over him. :)
All I can say is "oh my word!!"
Oh my gosh that is so scary!!! He was definitely being blessed. There are so many kids that have died from that. That's one of Andy's biggest fears. I'm so glad everything turned out okay!!
WOWzers!!! thankgoodness he's ok!! now I'm scared to get in the shower..
That's scarry! I'm glad he's okay!
Oh my goodness!! That would have freaked me out completely!! I'm glad he's okay!!!
Post a Comment