This is Lakshmi and Srikar Potluri, a cute little family we met in Baltimore last summer at the Hemispherectomy reunion. I just cry as I look at this picture. We have been talking over email for about a year now since they found out Srikar had HME. 13 days ago he underwent his 2nd brain surgery because of continued seizures. He had many complications and I found out yesterday that he passed away Saturday. I couldn't believe it when I read it. I have been following them so close after his surgery...scared for them for what they were going through. All of us who are part of the HME family...those we have met and even those we have not met...are family. We feel so close to each other as we go through the same issues day in and day out. Some kiddos do great with 1 surgery, others require 2 or 3 surgeries and sometimes the seizures are still there. I can't help but count my blessings everyday as I see Tyson. Sometimes I minimize what he has been through, and what he is going through. But when I really look at it, the miracle that he is, that he actually underwent brain surgery to remove and disconnect HALF of his brain, is truly amazing. God is amazing. What this little boy has brought into my life is something I wouldn't trade for the world. I feel so privileged that I actually get to raise one of God's precious children...who was there in the premortal life with Him, and chose to be sent to this earth this way. What a light he is in my life. He is a constant reminder to me of where I want to be and where I am going...to return to my Father in Heaven. I know Srikar is in a better place, with his Heavenly Father, and he is whole. A perfect soul. My heart aches for this beautiful family. Please keep them in your prayers during this difficult time.


6 comments:
That was really sweet you are a pretty awesome Mama that's for sure!
He is a precious angel. I'm so sorry to hear about his passing. I will pray that you and his family will feel comforted. :(
I will pray for his sweet mama and his family! He has a greater call...
How sad for this family. It really makes us all appreciate what we have in our lives and to remember not to take anything for granted.
this really makes you put things in perspective. thanks for the reminder. hope you and his sweet family are blessed with lots of comfort and love.
You are such a strength to me. I pray for your family all the time. Thanks for being such a great example!
Post a Comment